This 9-week course deepens the skills learned in the Mindfulness l course by teaching a diverse set of experiential skills in interpersonal mindfulness practice, which you can apply at work and home.
Healthy relationships depend on healthy communication which is essential to our overall well-being and happiness. Unfortunately most of us suffer from a variety of communication challenges that negatively impact our relationships. The good news is Interpersonal Mindfulness is highly effective in fostering healthy, meaningful and sustainable relationships, by improving self-awareness, emotional intelligence, compassion, authentic speaking and listening. Whether at home or the workplace or in a helping profession, Interpersonal Mindfulness supports healthy, authentic and caring relationships. The 9 session, 8-week course is highly experiential.
- To begin or deepen our solitary mindfulness meditation practice.
- To learn guidelines for increasing awareness and patience in our interactions.
- To recognize habitual ways we react to stress and anxiety in relationship.
- To cultivate wholesome, and release unwholesome, mind states, emotions and behaviors.
- To learn to listen to oneself and others with curiosity, patience and empathy.
- To deepen skills in empathy and compassion for oneself and others.
The class consists of 9 sessions, held weekly for approximately 2-hours per session, plus a half-day retreat. Course fee for public course is $270, includes workbook and handouts.